- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
Car Won't Start, Key Anti-Theft Light Blinking
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,513 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 68 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the steering lock control unit (28 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace the brake switch (4 reports)
- replace the steering lock unit (4 reports)
- replace the ignition interlock (3 reports)
- steering lock assembly replaced (2 reports)