- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 5 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 15 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 35 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 22 of 36)
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 68,497 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: