- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 2 days ago
- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 17 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 22 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 24 days ago
Steering Wheel Lock Failure
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 20)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,099 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 397 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering wheel lock (151 reports)
- not sure (100 reports)
- replace steering lock controller unit (88 reports)
- make it recall (20 reports)
- replace electronic steering wheel column (10 reports)
- replace brake switch (8 reports)