- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
NHTSA — Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 11,683 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem