- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 17 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 26 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 52 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 63 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 69 days ago
NHTSA — Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,010 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem