5.0

2011 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Altima:

2011 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 042011

Altima

My vdc continue to pop on and slow down my car.

- Jennings, LA, USA

Nov 152013

Altima

Hello, my question pertains to the Nissan Altima and maxima. May I preface my statements with the fact that I owned a 2005, 2009 and 2011 Nissan Altima and while I traded my last one in for a different make, I had very much enjoyed the vehicle until I found out there was a dangerous flaw in the Altima and, I was told by Nissan, the maxima.in my 2011 Altima, a serious panic stop, locking up the brakes, caused my vehicle to not move for 3-5 seconds. This happened several times and I had my local dealership look at the vehicle each time and each time I was told there was nothing wrong with the car but it reoccurred.after responses from the dealership went nowhere, I called the main Nissan customer service line and was told that the problem was in the transmission of both vehicles. The special seamless transmission will cause a 3-5 second delay after a panic stop but it was normal for that type of transmission. When I asked what to do if that occurred on a freeway with a truck barreling down on me they had no answer.not satisfied with that response I called a local radio auto talk show and was referred to a local auto shop as he had never heard of that specific problem. The local auto shop checked the vehicle and also said there was nothing wrong with the car but when I took the owner of the shop out he experienced it.his response was that this was the first time he had heard and experienced it but unless there were a lot of complaints for that specific problem nothing would happen.I now throw out this issue to you. Has this been a reported issue" is it still a problem" after my experiences I felt very unsafe in the car. We won't go into the response I receive from Nissan customer service or that lemon laws do not apply to this issue since the vehicle was deemed okay and nothing fixed.my writing to you is because these models received awards for safety.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Altima

I own a 2011 Nissan Altima. The problem I've been having since I got my car is when the speedometer hits 35mph it pulls back the RPM drops and loses speed. Also when I am in traffic I step on the gas gently and the car jerks it feels like a stick shift car when your up shiftting. It feels so uncomfortable knowing my car moves in exaggerated way. Another thing it has is the RPM rev high when I gently pressing on the gas pedal I have to let go of the gas pedal and press gently again I have to repeat that 2-3 times for the RPM to be at normal it has waste gas by doing this. I have taken my car to two dealership the first told me that it was normal for my car to do that I was not satisfied on how my car was acting. I took it back several times they finally said it could be the transmission my car is under the 60,000 mile warranty the dealership contacted the manufacture and they deny to replace my transmission. I took my car to another dealership explain the problem my car was doing and the guy that was going to do my paperwork automatically said it's your transmission. He told me to leave my car and they were going to replace the transmission. I left my car for almost a week. In that time I was waiting I called like 3-4 times to ask about my car the only answer I got from the was we'll call you back in a few and never called me. I struggled to get on time to work and to my college classes since I had to take public transporation. I finally went to the dealership to check up on my car and they didn't do anything to my car. My car is still under the 60,000 mile warranty with the same problem and the dealership wont do any thing about my car.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jun 142014

Altima

Keyless start- I left the vehicle with the key fob, the car was driven approx. 2 miles away without the key. When the person driving realized this, they didn't turn the car off and came back. The car never shut down, but did start to shutter a bit.

- Phila, PA, USA

Jun 132012

Altima 4-cyl

My wife was driving on a highway when she heard a noise and smelled something burning. She pulled over and got out the car. A few minutes later the car was on fire and burned to the ground.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 012012

Altima 4-cyl

Car would not cut off kept running until all the gas was out of the tank, on-off button did not work, the car could not be cut off, it took almost 6 hours before the tank was empty.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA