3.3

2011 Nissan Altima suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Altima:

2011 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 122016

Altima

My trouble began as I sat and fueled my car with the same type of gas that I have been using for years. I filled my tank, started my car and it started huffing and puffing as if it was about to shut off. After a few minutes it stopped. A few days later while I was driving down the road one day I heard this loud rattling noise as if a chain or something was dragging the ground or being rattled. I approached a red light and lowered my radio to listen and as I sat idle in drive I could hear this rattling noise coming from the the front end of my car. As I drove down the road further it continued then stopped. I then parked my car and as I was in reverse the sound came back. I went on about my day and returned to my car to start it up and as I started it I heard the rattling loud noise again. I backed out of my parking spot and it continued. As I driving around at a speed of about 30-40 I could hear the noise come and go. I took my car to Nissan and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong. They told me everything under the hood of my car was fine. A few days later I brought my car back to Nissan informing them the the noise is continuing and my car shakes and jerks. I left my car and they called and said my alternator needed to be replaced. Just a couple days prior they said everything was fine so now I'm confused. I took my car to 3 separate auto shops and had them test my alternator and all 3 said my alternator, battery and starter were working perfectly. I began to research online to see if anyone had the same issues I have and there it was. A recall for the transverse link bolt. I'm pissed that Nissan would try to rip of a customer like that.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Aug 162016

Altima

Ever since I purchased this car tire pressure sensor keeps coming on change all 4 tires brand new ones reset the computer and it still comes on the car swerves and it's sometimes hard to control after a certain speed I've learned that a 2011 Subaru had a recall on their suspension and I believe there is something wrong with this car I called the police on the 800 number put a complaint in they told me under this phone number there was really no recalls but they said to take it to a dealer have it diagnosed at my own expense which I can't really afford literally can't afford hefty bill from the Nissan dealer im disabled person living on fixed income basically finances vehicle to a friend all I'm asking from them is to have the dealer they're certified dealer to check the car for any safety concerns this car only has 59000 well maintained 2011 Nissan 19947 last 6 of the van thank you local highway

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

Oct 012015

Altima

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, the vehicle began to shake and there was an abnormal rattling sound. The failure recurred on several occasions while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 11V371000 (suspension), however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 44,253.

- Clarksville, VA, USA

Dec 012014

Altima

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Altima. While driving at various speeds, the accelerator pedal was depressed and there was a loud rattling noise and vibration coming from the vehicle. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V371000 (suspension). The failure mileage was approximately 33,000.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Mar 012011

Altima

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the brakes are depressed and the front passenger's side end began to shake abnormally. The contact also mentioned that when it rained, the vehicle would exhibit a loud grinding noise from the passenger's side front end. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician stated that the rotors and the shocks had to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 20. The current mileage was 19,425. The VIN was unavailable.

- Irvington, NJ, USA