2012 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Mar 012016

I believe the recall which came out yesterday for the airbag sensor in the front passenger seat should include 2012 Altima (not just 2013-2016). I have had this issue several times in the last 6 months or so where I may or may not have a passenger or items on my front passenger seat and my airbag indicator light in the middle of the dash board will come on at random, even when there is a full-size adult in the seat. This happens whether the car is stationary or moving.

- Ofallon, MO, USA

Oct 012015

Paint is coming off the car from where the factory has repainted over a clear coated surface. Paint is also coming out of the jams of the car causing rust. Parts on the car are also starting to break down. The seats do not properly catch the gear holding them into place. Transmission makes a terrible winding noice

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Nov 302013

Altima 4-cyl

Bought this car Nov 30 2013 from the dealer that originally owned it, it was a loaner car for their service dept. From day one that I have owned it, the passenger airbag light goes on an off at will. With nothing in the seat, it comes on and off, with a person in the seat it also comes on and off. This is a major safety issue! I took it to the dealer and they said it didn't do it while they were looking at it. Bring it back when it gets worse.... there are alot of these cars out there with this problem! there needs to be a recall on the sensor/seat/electrical system related to this. I am sure there is a short in the system. My grandmother's 2012 Altima also does this same thing. Also something is leaking onto the passenger side floorboard by the console. The dealer said it was a body panel and "fixed" it, but it is still leaking in the same spot, I have not had time to take it back to the dealer yet for the leak.

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Jun 302012

Altima 4-cyl

The driver's seat is crooked - both across the back and across the seat. This means one's shoulders and torso are twisted and facing the center console, not the steering wheel. Hips are uneven with the right side significantly lower than the left. This is a very uncomfortable and painful position to be in. I have been informed by the dealership that all 2012 Altima are like this and therefore it is not a warranty item! I have been able to determine the back of the seat is in fact crooked in the more than two dozen examples I have been able to check. However, the seat bottom is not supposed to sag or be uneven on either side. I've contacted Nissan North America and have been told the dealership is my only avenue to pursue a remedy. Due to the dealership's determination that the seat is supposed to be crooked my choices are pay someone else or try myself to shim the entire seat or try to adjust the mechanism underneath to level the bottom. Nothing can be done about the seat back...

- Spanish Fork, UT, USA