2012 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

May 162016

Altima

Leaking sunroof. When we get a heavy rain, water leaks through the sunroof on the passenger side.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Nov 012015

Altima

I was involved in a 4 car pile up on the highway. My airbag did not go off on impact and was about 30-40 sec. Delayed. Airbag deployed when I was unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out of the car. Most of my injuries were caused by the airbag. Car was totaled I'm making this report in case someone purchases car at auction and only replaces driver airbag hopefully they will check curtain airbags for defects as well so someone else doesn't get hurt.

- Camas, WA, USA

Oct 012015

Altima

Floor boards on both driver and passage side are very soft.

- Kearney, MO, USA

Sep 232014

Altima 6-cyl

I purchased the vehicle listed on 9/23/14. I recently found out after getting a carfax report that the vehicle had been flipped while in la. I am trying to find out if the title for the car has been a "rebuilt title or "salvaged title" and can't seen to get anymore. Help please!

- Wrightsville, GA, USA

Sep 142014

Altima 4-cyl

The hood release on these cars is down under the dash, where it can easily be pulled with the toe of your shoe. It has happened before, but my wife was outside of the car and heard it pop. This day, we were on our way home from church. Made it all the way onto the highway and reached 70 mph, speed limit on that highway is 75 mph. The hood flew up, damaging the windshield, roof, hood, fenders and hood hinges. This is very disturbing that the 2013's are being recalled when the design is the same from 2012 to 2014 that I am aware of. We have been warning other drivers of this danger. I have been driving for 30 years and have emergency vehicle to 18 wheeler training and experience. Not everyone will be so lucky.

- Eight Mile, AL, USA

Sep 202012

Altima

Purchased my 2012 Nissan Altima coupe 8/2/2012. In just over 30 days the paint was coming off the rear bumper on both sides near the rear tire where the bumper meets the body of the car. Took the car in to have the bumper repainted. Within 60 days the paint was coming off in the same place again. Took the car back last month and was repainted with 3 flaws...needless to say it has to go back yet again!! also, within a few days of purchase I noticed that the radio would not pick up local radio stations without a lot of static and interference. Only 1 out of 12 presets do I get on a consistent basis and I only drive within a 25-30 mile radius of my home. Took to the dealer and they said it was because of the window tint. Gave them information from 3M that the tint would not interfere with the radio and then they said they didn't hear it. Taken back on several occasions and no resolve. Noticed 3/17/2013 that my leather wrapped steering wheel has split in the grain of leather and it is right where my right hand goes to drive. Transmission is not consistent...when I let off the gas briefly it is as if someone has hit the brake pedal and the car "draws back"...very annoying!!! I also purchased xzilon paint protection system at the dealers recommendation because the car is black and I live in fl...now 7 months later this protectant has completely ruined the paint on my car and shows horrible marks on the hood and leaves terrible water spots on the vehicle that are almost impossible to remove. Taking to the dealer for the new paint issue tomorrow. I am hoping to just trade in and get another car...unfortunately under the circumstances it will be a Nissan...but will not be an Altima!

- Auburndale, FL, USA

Nov 112012

Altima

As driver was braking upon entering a parking spot at a local store, car surged forward and jumped a curb hitting a red box video display.

- Shallotte, NC, USA