9.9

2012 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 012012

Altima

Light in the glovebox doesnot have a switch. It turns on as soon as the headlights are turned on. My glovebox was full of some paper and I opened the glove box to fin dhte papers became very hot to touch and I felt like they would burn any moment. A switch should be included so that the light turns on only when the glove compartment is opened. Any cloth of easily flammable material can catch fire due to heat and go unnoticed.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jan 202012

Altima 4-cyl

Hi, I would like to bring it to your notice that the headlights provided with my Nissan Altima do not provide adequate lighting on the street. It is particularly very difficult when making turns, and the other side is like a 4 lane road(the divider is visible when it is already too late). It is my personal experience that when you are unfamiliar with the roads in an area, you will end up on the wrong side of the road (the light is not wide enough and not bright enough). I was lucky that the roads were empty. I have noticed that cars from other manufacturers which are older and smaller light up roads better than my new car does(ex: Hyundai elantra). Sir, I have approached the Nissan dealership and ask them to install hid lamps on my car(I would pay for it) and they say Nissan would not do it. Some times it feels like I have no head lights and as if I am driving with lighting from other cars. Please investigate this issue. I would be really happy if they would provide proper headlamps with right amount of lighting and wide enough beam to ensure a safe and non-life threatening driving experience. Thanks, a driver who wants to be alive.

- Richfield, MN, USA