3.7

2012 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Sep 212016

Altima

When I was driving my Nissan Altima 2012 car on I-635 in dallas at 2 pm cst at around 65 mph speed, I heard huge explosion sound on top of my head. I turned on the hazard light and slowed down the car and pulled over to a shoulder and checked the car. Sunroof glass was exploded and I have seen a 4 inch diameter hole and scatter glass pieces; rest of the glass was also broken/cracked. There was no vehicle at the time the incident occured and it was not due to the external forces, it was due to internal pressure between the glass and visor. I was so scared when the glass exploded but luckily escaped from the bodily injuries. The sunroof glass on the Nissan Altima 2012 is for sure defective product. Please investigate and save the lives of the drivers. I'm not expecting any financial compensation from Nissan or anybody. I don't want this to happen to anybody please investigate and save drivers

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 202016

Altima

On July 18, 2016, while parked at work on the side of a road, the right front passenger window shattered. The police determined it was not caused by anything hitting it. The window that shattered was facing a yard, not the street, so no projectile object hit it. The police thought it might be the heat (in the 80's, but in NY, and we had it for 18 months in nc where it's a lot hotter, with no incident). Then on August 20, 2016 the car was parked at a grocery store parking lot. When my son came out of the grocery store, there was a 14 inch crack in the windshield that was not there when he went into the store. No evidence of any projectile hitting the glass. The car is 3 years old and 35,000 miles. Temp outside: 85degrees. No reason why these windows (2 in 1 month) should be shattering spontaneously by themselves. No rocks or other projectiles involved. Both times the car was parked next to other cars, and nothing happened to the other cars.

- Pfafftown, NC, USA

Aug 082016

Altima

Im driving down the freeway taking the curve downtown dallas & my car stalls O power available. I cannot steer to coast, nor put can ion emergency flashers. Where it dies it sits. This is a major safety issue and Nissan cannot figure out why. I have only had car for 2 months. Very disappointed and scared.

- Garland, TX, USA

May 162016

Altima

Leaking sunroof. When we get a heavy rain, water leaks through the sunroof on the passenger side.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jul 032016

Altima

While driving on the interstate to fl from ky at around 65-75 mph the vehicle would not accelorate past 3000 RPM's. going up hills was the worst, cars would pass and our vehicle would slowly decline in speed. Pulled over to check the car out and after if cooled down it when back to working okay but after another hour on the road it done the same thing.

- Elkton, KY, USA

Aug 012015

Altima

Keylock issue. Car will not start. Sitting in driveway for 8 months so far. Cannot afford to fix. No warranty..no recall on issue. I've read this has happened many times to other Nissan owners. The fix costs 800 to 1000 & not including the tow fee 100$

- Independence, KY, USA

Sep 122015

Altima

Lacountysheriffhelpmansfatherstareonsisterspropertysogovernordoesntgivehimjob asking acoustics for help for sanfrancisco.man supporting fbi as acoustics son. Building competent E in his own child attempt to follow.man using dept treasury police to alleive job competent Y from him. Instead of paying him allows cnc teacher to help yosimittie samfrom

- Needsstoretograbhimgettingeggs, AA, USA

Oct 012015

Altima

Paint is coming off the car from where the factory has repainted over a clear coated surface. Paint is also coming out of the jams of the car causing rust. Parts on the car are also starting to break down. The seats do not properly catch the gear holding them into place. Transmission makes a terrible winding noice

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Jul 072015

Altima

Today was the second time I've experienced this dangerous issue while driving on the freeway for about an hour and a half long. My car began to lose speed and would not accelerate above 60 mph. While I had the gas pedal down completely all the way to the floor, as the car could not gain speed. I could have been in a serious accident with all the traffic on the freeway, I had to merge over to the far right for safety. I drove my car immediately after to Nissan so they could verify this issue. They failed to help me in any way recommending I invest in a cvt cooler, due to not being covered under warranty anymore. A couple months back when the car was still under warranty I took it to Nissan with the same issue, at that time they stated they could not detect an issue. But now my warranty is up they're suggesting what the car needs. I'm very upset with how dangerous this can be and how careless Nissan is. It's like they are just waiting for someone to seriously be hurt in an accident to then do something about it.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jun 252015

Altima

I was driving home from work the morning of 6/25 on the highway. My sunroof was open and my driver side window was open. I heard a large bang that sounded like a gun shot and tiny pieces of shattered glass flew in through my open sunroof. There was no other damage to my car and nothing that hit my car. My sunroof spontaneously exploded. Because my sunroof was open at the time thousands of pieces of glass broke throughout the roof. I am bringing to Nissan tomorrow to assess damage to the actual sunroof but I believe this is a manufacturer defect and should be covered by the dealership.

- Medford, MA, USA

Feb 012014

Altima

Driving long distances my car overheats, looses power going from 70 mph down to 40 mph in high speed traffic. I am forced to get off the highway and let it reset itself. It has always made a whining noise during acceleration, and the brakes have squeaked from day one. I have complained to Nissan several times and am always been given lame excuses. Now that my warranty is up they have a solution to my problems. New transmission or overheat converter to the tune of $1600. How convenient they have a solution not that my car is out of warranty!! they refuse to help me or fix my car unless I fork over the money. My car has had problems since I purchased it and there was never any resolve. I purchased an extended warranty as I do a lot of driving. My car was out of warranty 2,000 miles when they miraculously found a cause and solution for my problem.

- Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA