8.0

2002 Nissan Pathfinder engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Pathfinder:

2002 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jul 152010

Pathfinder SE 3.5L V6

Very shortly, after the purchase of my pathfinder the oil light came on, well I put 2quarts of oil in it then in another couple of days, had to put more oil in it. After some time, I had to continue to remember to check my oil. After discovering that I was using one to two quarts of oil a week, I took it to my mechanic to check for leaks. NONE.

We used top grade oil,,,oil treatments,,etc. But nothing works,,I am real frustrated over having to put oil into this vehicle,,which I have done for the past 3 years! I am not in the position to get another vehicle,,this one is still not paid off. And have been out of work now for over two years. So I am still dealing with this Pain of checking and adding oil every week,,and it is really cold here in the winter, my mechanic is confused as to what is happening for the vehicle does not smoke.. Any suggestions would be helpful,,I have always had my oil changes on time, though not sure why since new oil is always flowing through it. Vehicle had 118,000 on it when bought and today has 160,000. I would like to think that there was a easy solution to this issue. And to why this is happening.

- , Rumford, ME, USA