CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 232010

Pathfinder

On 5-23-10: Pulled in to neighbor's driveway going approx 5 mph, when accelerator pedal was pressed, vehicle surged forward approx 10 feet and crashed into house. On 5-24-10: Was driving at approx 50mph and attempted to press accelerator pedal, however when pressed, the vehicle did not accelerate. Once pedal was pressed again, the vehicle accelerated, but only after one attempt vehicle was taken to local Nissan dealer, who refused to inspect or diagnose any problems, and referred me to Nissan Consumer Affairs.

- Wolf Lake, IL, USA

Mar 022007

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Nissan 2003 Pathfinder le I was allowing my Pathfinder to warm, the temperature was low that morning. Depressing the brake I moved to the first gear which is reverse needing to put it in drive, which is the third gear down. As it was put into reverse the vehicle starting to shake and vibrate uncontrollably I tried to put it into park again and the gear would not move I let off the brake a little to see if it would relieve the shaking and vibration. And that's when my vehicle accelerated down the driveway still in reverse. I was applying the brake and it would not stop in instinct I didn't want to hit a big tree so I steered into a group of small trees hitting a tree that stopped the vehicle with the vehicle still accelerating forward in reverse gear. The airbags deployed hitting me in the face and right side and the car quit running. My husband was unsure and not convinced of my account of what had happened until my brother-in-law told him that the Pathfinder was still in reverse gear that while removing the things out my vehicle while I was being taken care of. The vehicle sustained $12,00 worth of damage and considered a total loss by the insurance company and medical bills for X-rays, ct scans for damage to my right side. We have not settled and will not until we find out what went wrong. I am scared to buy another Nissan auto.

- Texarkana, AR, USA