CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 has a small, but significant number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the Pathfinder's transmission shakes violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

5.3

2014 Nissan Pathfinder miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder:

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Oct 072016

Pathfinder

Received notice of important safety recall NHTSA recall 16V-244 several months ago which stated I would hear from my dealership when parts are available. I've just contacted the dealership and was informed they do not know when parts will be available. If this is such an "important safety recall", why is this part still not available? the light in my car illuminates on occasion and I am very concerned.

- Prospect, KY, USA

Aug 012014

Pathfinder

1) my drievr side door level broke unable to exit vehicle. 2) vehicle sometimes takes a long time to stop without warning. 3) on a curve while brking or from brake to acceleration the vehicle stutters or hesitates to go. Almost hit several times because as I lightly hovered the brake while turning or in straight line it hestiates to provide acceleration. (dealer said nothing they can do for this)they need codes I was told. 4) all brake pads and rotors both went bad before 25,000 miles. 5) right front bearing went bad at approx 6000 miles causing accelerated tires wear (I had to buy new tires) at 10K miles on a 60-75K tire. 6) passenger side air bag warning light stays on all the time(currently had car in they said they were getting a part) I average 10-12K a year and park in a large open driveway.

- Blasdell, NY, USA

Jan 012016

Pathfinder

My vehicle is not shifting into gear, I was on the rd driving at about 30 mph, wanted to stall, it was jumping, the whole vehicle was stutters alot, bought new.

- Adairsville, GA, USA

Aug 162016

Pathfinder

Multiple issues with this SUV had to have rear shock/strut replaced. Instrument cluster panel has been replaced. Passenger side air bag comes on when person is sitting there. Cvt transmission problems. The SUV has been in the shop on multiple occasions for each issue the transmission issue has been in the shop 6 plus times and I just picked up the 2014 Pathfinder 8-16-2016 and was told and have it on my invoice that the service tech drove the SUV and feels the transmission slipping or skipping but there is nothing they can do Nissan power train warranty will not allow them to replace it because my check engine light is not showing a code. So I have a 2014 Pathfinder that is a complete safety hazard for my family and other people on the road. The SUV will cut out, slip, shutter, lose power and has the potential of causing and accident when trying to accelerate which is terrible for who ever was to hit me and also could be fatal if I was to be hit and the passenger side air bag does not deploy could really hurt/kill the passenger. Every excuse I get from Nissan is they reprogrammed the car and this never fixed anything. The car was having transmission issues back before it made it to 30,000 miles and now at 55,000 miles the SUV is having major issues with the transmission. This is a known issue but Nissan refuses to fix. Nissan instead puts this SUV back on the road knowing it is having a safety issue for acceleration and passenger side air-bag and putting people at risk. I am requesting Nissan to do a buy back of this SUV. I am not looking for a replacement with another faulty transmission or a rebuilt transmission. I have found that there is a class action law suit in federal court in Florida with people having the exact same issue. So obliviously there is a major problem with these transmissions.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jun 182016

Pathfinder

Driver's side sun visor cracked and will not stay up or down. Hangs awkwardly in the driver's visibility, making it very unsafe.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Feb 152016

Pathfinder

While driving to work, on the main road, I started seeing smoke blowing from the vents. I pulled off the road and within no time the vehicle was in flames.

- Bluefield, WV, USA

Sep 162015

Pathfinder

Case # 20303916 - filed with Nissan Consumer Affairs. Electrical malfunction with door locking mechanism, lift-gate, dvd headset & remote as well as transmission is hard to pull and gets stuck. Due to malfunction with door locks, our 2 year old baby was locked in the car. We had to break the window to get her out. Since the key fob was in the car, the car should have never locked. We have provided Nissan Consumer Affairs with video footage of the lift gate and key fob malfunctions.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jul 302015

Pathfinder

Driving West on hwy 60 from nashville, tn to branson mo. No cars in front of me, just open fields on each side. I hear what sounds like an explosion. I look around and realize that I hear wind and glass above my head as well. Appox. 8 by 12 inches of glass was gone from the center of my sunroof. Luckily, my visor was closed or it could have been much worse with glass falling on my head and face. The dealer said that they've never heard of this before, but upon further research it seems to be a much more common occurrence than than I was lead to believe. This is an extremely dangerous issue and could have been much worse if my visor had been left open.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA