- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 53 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 63 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 8 of 17)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 103,982 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: