- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 6 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
2006 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2006 Xterra transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.