Shakes, Runs Roughly

9.0

1995 Pontiac Grand Am engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Pontiac Grand Am:

1995 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Feb 132004

Grand Am GT

I took this car to the dealership on 12/26/03. They told me it was the ERG valve and some switch in the transmission not engaging or something. Anyway, charged me $1200+, I picked it up on 12/31/03.... still had the same problem. Took it back immediately (same day). It has now been there for 6 weeks and is still not fixed. Does anyone have a clue? They are telling me they've replaced the fuel injectors, the harmonic balancer, repositioned the motor, changed the plugs, etc. The car drives great until you hit @ 52mph and then it has what someone told me was a chatter. I describe it as if you were shivering from the cold.

- , Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Dec 132005

Grand Am

Im so mad that I bought this car and it has so many problems.... I first bought this car and i didnt even know it needed a new engine then had many more problems after that and cost me so much more money then after that something else goes wrong with the car and it starts shaking like its going to stall out which i have no idea what it is!!!!!!!

- , Chicopee, MA, USA