The Steering Wheel Is Hard To Turn Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2001 Pontiac Grand Am steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Sep 012013

Grand Am GT

The steering on the car frequently has difficulty steering. It's worse on cold days. Sometimes, the fluid is low and solves the problem for a day or two. I have no idea what the problem is or how much to fix. I have no money at the time to work on this and then therefore, the car may be un-driveable.

Update from Sep 10, 2015: I no longer have this car because the Ignition switch kept locking and the key wouldn't turn. This was supposed to be fixed after the recall but, instead it seem to start after I had taken it to be fixed. The mechanic also told me there was an electrical short in the car and it wasn't worth fixing or would cost a lot. I'm upset now because I am wondering if I just needed a new ignition. I am not sure why the problems with the ignition started after I had it serviced due to a recall, but that is when this problem started. I should have left it alone. The mechanic was under the impression that the ignition was fixed. So, was there really an electrical short? Did I junk my car for no reason? (seriously upset right now)

- , Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA