NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2004 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am:

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 072008

Grand Am 6-cyl

Fortunately, my complaint does not involve any deaths, injuries or crashes. My inquires regarding an electrical problem have gone unanswered and before I spend a great deal of money having my dash board disassembled, I am turning to you to see if you have received any related complaints.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 182007

Grand Am 6-cyl

The turn signals continue to click when not in use. I took it to the mechanics and it was diagnosed as a multifunction control switch, which is $200 Canadian for the part alone only available at the dealer. It is 2.5 hrs of labour to replace it as the steering wheel has to be pulled.

- Calgary, 00, USA

Jul 162007

Grand Am 6-cyl

I owned the car for 2 years, and in the 2 years the dome lamp fell down 4 times. It just recently fell down again on the 16 of July. I parked the car outside of my house and in the morning the dome lamp was hanging by the wires. The first time it happened I went to eat at a restaurant, and when I was done I got into the car and saw the dome lamp hanging by the wires.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Oct 152006

Grand Am 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am with 40,000 miles on it. The other day I was signaling a lane change and now the clicking sound behind my hazard warning switch is constantly on and off. Sometimes my hazard lights and turn signals turn on and off by themselves. Not only are these things very annoying but are dangerous. I know this has been a problem on earlier model years of my vehicle and an investigation was conducted for those vehicle. This is an ongoing problem that the manufacturer refuses to correctly address. Please expand your investigation to more model years of my vehicle.

- Siren, WI, USA