Steering Wheel Radio Volume Uncontrollable

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 222014

Grand Prix SE

The wiring in my steering wheel that controls the radio is messed up. My radio will not stay at a constant volume for very long without it turning up crazy loud and turning all the way down. I am a nanny and constantly have children in my car and it's very hard to please them with music while my radio remains uncontrollable.

Please help me! I am willing to completely unplug the radio controls in the steering wheel but I have no idea. Or if someone could give me an idea on how to fix the wiring and bring it back to normal, that would be even better.

- , Bath, MI, USA