Low Coolant Sensor Went Bad

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Mar 042010

Grand Prix

Basically, this car is a piece of crap! I have had to replace (in less than one year's time) a radiator, 2 belts, tension arm, and coolant hoses. Now my problem is the cooling system. I had the recall part replaced at GM. The hoses were replaced and coolant was replaced in the radiator itself. So far, my low coolant light keeps coming on and now my reservoir (which was almost full to the max line) is empty. My car spiked out at over 210 degrees when it normally sits at 110 degrees. I was told the low coolant sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. I need to know exactly what is going wrong with this car. I will never again buy another Grand Prix!

- , Greenville, NC, USA