Oil In The Coolant

2. repaired (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 012010

Grand Prix LS 3.2L V6

the low oil light came on when I checked it, it was bone dry, we took it to the shop, they said that the oil was about to mix in with the coolant, so either it did or it didn't, anyway they claim they have fixed it, we will see when i blow the damn motor up in it. It's a lemon

- , Emporia, KS, USA

Nov 162007

Grand Prix SE 3.1L

We purchased this vehicle in April of 2007 and had rarely driven it, when seven months later oil appears in the coolant "oh what a shocker". Naturally GM does not want to acknowledge this as a defect and is only willing to pay up to $100 of the repair cost as the vehicle is 6 years old, however; they are acknowledging the engines have a problem and are willing to reimburse for repair costs, yet refuse to do a recall. Leaving us financially responsible for a repair that should be fully covered by GM. I will never buy another GM product, I have always been a Ford man, and I should have stuck with what I know best.

- , Grants Pass, OR, USA