Transmissions Slips Between Gears

7.0

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jul 182008

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

Well it all started right after I had my battery jumped and replaced. My transmission started slipping around 3500rpms and it wouldn't stop until I let off the gas and then it would shift. And now it is getting even more noticeable. I had it looked at by a transmission mechanic. We went for a drive in it and he said that it is slipping into 3rd gear and would cost the most at $1,500 to rebuild the transmission if it was that bad. So I don't know what to do, its my dream car I'm 17yrs old and need some help from experts

- , Farmland, IN, USA

Oct 212006

Grand Prix

Transmission started slipping around 60,000 miles. The car was only 5 years old. The problem seemed intermittent at first. I finally seemed to notice that the transmission would act up only after the car had been in drive for awhile. Short trips to work, etc, the transmission is fine. Just had a transmission flush done for $120.00, as suggested by our mechanic friend. Didn't help. Looks like we're going to have to have it replaced at just 76,000 miles.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA