Engine Turns Over, Won't Start

7.2

2. clean the throttle body (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 012014

Grand Prix V6

GONE THRU EVERY POSSIBLE ANGEL FROM ELECTRICAL SENCORS,COMPUTER CHIPS,REPLACED FUEL PUMP/FILTER,PLUGS...STILL HAVING STARTING PROBLEMS ALONG WITH CUTTING-OUT(AIRLOCK NO FUEL GETTING TO ENGINE) BETWEEN 30-60 MILES PER HR

- , Federal Way, WA, USA

Jun 082013

Grand Prix

Need help need help........my car just installed a new battery, new starter, new wires for starter, and fuses at a shop. Really getting past my limits with it because it worked at the shop but when I take it home something else happens....now it don't wont to start... My husband checked the fuses the mechanic changed the starter fuse and battery 3 fuse. And they were broke again...so he goes and changes them himself and they blow out the same day after putting in gas. Now the car won't start again. Something is causing my car not to start and I am tired of getting it towed... I really need help. Fuse are blown again but what keep causing it...

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012007

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

Had the same problem as above, car would start fine in the morning but after being shut off for a few minutes it wouldn't want to start up again. Quite annoying...dealership wouldn't do anything about it, they claimed because it was intermittent they couldn't identify the problem. On a whim I checked the throttle body, it was very dirty so I cleaned that out and haven't had a problem since. Cost about $5.00 for the can of throttle body cleaner and a rag. If you aren't sure how to clean it yourself, there are videos/descriptions online of how to clean a throttle body. You can also take it in to have it done, should be under $100 for sure to have it done. Hope that helps-

- , Royal Oak, MI, USA

Feb 032009

Grand Prix GT2

When I go to start my car in the morning it usually starts right up. But when I go somewhere and come back out to the car and try to start it will it is still warm it stalls. I have to pump the gas peddle to keep it going. My check engine light is now on as well.

- , Janesville, WI, USA

Dec 232008

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

This has been happening since last summer. I don't have the money to fix it so I'm not going to yet. I don't think there are any big mechanical problems but it fails to start almost every time. I'll keep reporting as it happens and maybe get around to checking out the problem.

- , Harrisonburg, VA, USA