Service Traction Control On Display Center Car Turns Off

8.7

2. clean throttle plates in engine plugged with carbon build up (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 122009

Grand Prix GT2 3.8L V6

sorry for giving any sense of hope to anyone having the same problem as i am. i thought it was fixed but sure enough it did it again this morning. so its going back to the dealership tomorrow and im going to let a few people know how i feel! ill keep you updated

- , Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Dec 132008

Grand Prix GT2 3.8L V6

SO I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR IN OCTOBER AND ALL WAS GREAT UNTIL THE CAR GOES CRAZY AND STARTS SHUTTING OFF AT RANDOM!!! SO I FINALLY GM FIGURES OUT WHATS WRONG WITH IT AND OF COURSE ITS NOT COVERED UNDER MY EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR B/C ITS CLASSIFIED AS MAINTENANCE... LIKE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANING THE THROTTLE PLATES IN MY ENGINE REGULARLY LOL??!!!!!! AT LEAST ITS ONLY $150 BUT STILL. OH WELL I GUESS THAT'S HOW THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SURE THEY STAY IN BUSINESS FOR A LITTLE LONGER THIS TIME HAHAHAHA.

- , Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Sep 022008

Grand Prix GT 3800 V6

I purchased my 2004 grand prix in May of 2007. It had 42,000 miles on it when I bought it and currently has 58,000 miles. A few months after I owned it a re-occurring problem started occurring. I will be driving down the road mainly to work when this happens!!!!! The display reads traction control shutting off then service traction control now sometimes the car will shut off right after this occurs and takes a while of messing with it to get it to start again!! Other times it will not shut off. Also sometimes it just shuts off while going down the road without warning.....this also takes a while to get it started again. Last but not least I have got in to start the car everything sounds perfectly normal but the car will not start.....again i try a while and it will start. This problem is not very consistent but seems to be happening more often......I just cant trust this car to get me where im going you never know when its going to happen, and because of that I don't want to get it looked at and get work done to it that does not need to be done. I would guess this is a sensor but not sure...........IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR GRAND PRIX AND KNOW WHAT IS WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

- , Manning, IA, USA