- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
- March 11: Toyota Recalls Vehicles For Power Steering and 'Neutral' Problems
- March 8: Toyota Prius Gas Mileage Lawsuit Not Out of Gas
- March 5: Toyota Yaris Recalled in Puerto Rico to Fix Headliner Problems
- February 17: Toyota Recalls Tacoma and Yaris In Two Actions
2006 Toyota Corolla
Worst 2006 Corolla engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- cuts off while driving or upon stopping6
- engine surges while stopped6
- engine stalled out while driving3
- sudden unintended acceleration2
- engine failure1
- engine revving, until 10kms1
- have to change oil constantly1
- low idle1
- oil leak1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.