- May 1: Honda Makes 600,000 House Calls Over Takata Airbags news | 50 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 66 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 67 days ago
2001 Acura CL
CarComplaints.com Notes: The automatic transmission on the 2nd generation CL (2001-2003) is a downshifting mess. According to reports it slips, flares, and eventually fails --- sometimes around 40,000 miles.
The troubled transmission got an extended warranty for some CL owners that was later extended even further thanks to a class-action lawsuit in the United States. But even with the extended warranty, the transmission in this car is well known for overheating and locking up suddenly and without warning.
2001 Acura CL Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling2
- NHTSA: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura CL Model Years
Curious how the 2001 CL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura CL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CL.