1997 Acura CL
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1997 CL suffered from repeated failures of the driver side power window. Acura replaced the power window motor under their standard warranty and is some cases even offered warranty extensions, perhaps side-stepping a recall.
Worst 1997 CL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 10
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 8
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura CL Model Years
Curious how the 1997 CL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura CL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CL.