- October 20: Audi Recalls A5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, A4 Sedan, A4 Allroad and Q5 recalls | 2 days ago
- October 9: State Lawsuits Against VW Don't Look Good news | 13 days ago
- October 9: Volkswagen and Canada Apparently Not Getting Along news | 13 days ago
- September 7: Audi Recalls A3 Cars Because the Engines Can Stall recalls | 45 days ago
- August 17: Audi Start-Stop Lawsuit Says Rollaway Danger Exists news | 66 days ago
2013 Audi A3
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2013 Audi A3
Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Audi A3 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
2013 Audi A3 AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:DRIVER SIDE INFLATOR MODULE NHTSA Campaign #16V079000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2006 Volkswagen Passat sedans and wagons, 2005-2013 Audi A3, and 2006-2009 Audi A4 Cabriolet vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflators, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Audi owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V079000 »