- August 5: Honda Recalls Odyssey, Passport and Pilot Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- July 29: VW Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- July 16: Audi Recalls A8 and S8 Due to Fire Risk recalls | 22 days ago
- July 12: Audi Start-Stop System Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- June 27: Tesla Model S MCU Failures Investigated investigations | 41 days ago
Audi TSB #A401329 2033344-
2011 Audi A8
Affected Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT:SPRINGS:AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM
- Customer may hear squeaking or beeping noises from front of vehicle when driving on uneven roads after a stationary period. This condition occurs on vehicles with air suspension (PR-1BK) if the damper was very warm when the engine was switched off. The noise disappears as the damper warms up, after compressing once or twice. Bubbles are created in the oil because of temperature fluctuations, particles, and high oil flow speed. The bubbles gather around the damping adjustment valve when the engine is switched off. When the vehicle is started again, the cold oil prevents the bubbles from being dispersed quickly, which reduces the hydraulic damping. The reduced hydraulic damping causes the armature in the damper to vibrate, which creates squeaking noises. As soon as the bubbles have been dispersed, the hydraulic damping works fully and the noise disappears.
Click a tab for more information.