- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 14 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 31 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 61 days ago
Audi Recall 69R6: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2011 Audi Q5
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side — Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2006-2013 Audi A3, 2007-2009 A4 Cabriolet and S4 Cabriolet, 2008 RS4 Cabriolet, 2009-2012 Q5, and 2010-2012 Audi A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began February 23, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69R6. Note: This recall partially supersedes recall 16V-078.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: January 30, 2018 Subject: Safety Recall 69R6 – Driver Frontal Airbag Inflator (Takata) Certain 2009-2013 MY Audi Vehicles Equipped with a Takata Driver Frontal Airbag
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 1, 2018
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Audi Revision Subject Driver Frontal Airbag Inflator (Takata) Revision Summary Repair availability chart updated. Work instructions updated to reflect data matrix code on the new inflators. Release Date March 08, 2018
Click a tab for more information.