- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 14 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 31 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 61 days ago
Audi Recall 20BJ: Interim Butyl Tape Repair May Allow Fuel To Leak
2011 Audi Q5
The butyl tape may not prevent fuel from leaking. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2007-2012 Audi Q7 and 2009-2012 Audi Q5 vehicles, previously repaired under NHTSA recall 16V-660. These vehicles were previously repaired with an interim repair of installing butyl tape to the fuel pump flange, until replacement remedy parts became available.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump flange and install butyl tape, free of charge. The recall began December 28, 2018. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20BJ.
- Documents (12)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 03, 2018 Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20BJ / Fuel Pump Flange
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 13, 2018 Repair Available – Safety Recall 20BJ / Fuel Pump Flange
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.