- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 3 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 12 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 20 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 50 days ago
- September 5: Audi Start-Stop Class Action Filed in Canada news | 79 days ago
Audi TSB #A171232 2018550-
2011 Audi Q5
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- Supersedes Technical Service Bulletin Group 17 number 12 - 31 dated August 30, 2012. Oil consumption measurement - Repair Authorization (CA). In order to provide effective lubrication and cooling of internal engine components, all internal combustion engines consume a certain amount of engine oil. Oil consumption varies from engine to engine and may change significantly over the life of the engine. Typically engines with specified break-in periods consume more oil during the break-in period, and the oil consumption will stabilize after the break-in period. Refer to the Owner's Manual for specific break-in procedures. Under normal conditions, the rate of oil consumption depends on the quality and viscosity of the oil, the RPM at which the engine is operated, the ambient temperature and road conditions. Additional factors are the amount of oil dilution from water condensation or fuel residue and the oxidation level of the oil.
Click a tab for more information.