- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 28 days ago
- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 51 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 64 days ago
Audi Recall 74D5: Passenger's Air Bag May Deploy Improperly
2016 Audi S6
If the PODS module malfunctions, the front passenger air bag may not deploy properly in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2013-2018 Audi S6 and S7, 2012-2018 A7 and A6 Sedan, and 2014-2018 RS7 vehicles equipped with basic seats (with or without heating). Stress or wear of the body-sensing mat within the front passenger seat may cause the Passenger Occupant Detection System (PODS) control module to malfunction.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install a PODS system repair kit, free of charge. The recall began November 29, 2018. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 74D5.
Click a tab for more information.