- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 0 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 15 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 27 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 34 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Side Door Air Bags
1999 BMW 328
This could cause the side air bag and HPS to deploy without an actual side crash. In addition, the battery safety terminal (BST) would also activate, disconnecting the starter cable from the battery. In this case, vehicle electrical system would continue to operate and the engine would continue to run, but after stopping, could not be restarted.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. These vehicles are built with a side air bag system consisting of door-mounted thorax air bags (rear door air bags are optional), a head protection system (HPS) for front occupants, a central electronic sensor and diagnostic system, left and right satellite impact sensors, and associated wiring. This system is unduly sensitive to certain non-crash impacts, such as contacting large potholes or curbs at substantial speed.
- Dealers will reprogram the central computer control module that regulates the performance of all of the vehicle's occupant protection systems.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.