- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 0 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 17 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 43 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 50 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 50 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Side Door Air Bags
1999 BMW 328
This could cause the side air bag and HPS to deploy without an actual side crash. In addition, the battery safety terminal (BST) would also activate, disconnecting the starter cable from the battery. In this case, vehicle electrical system would continue to operate and the engine would continue to run, but after stopping, could not be restarted.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. These vehicles are built with a side air bag system consisting of door-mounted thorax air bags (rear door air bags are optional), a head protection system (HPS) for front occupants, a central electronic sensor and diagnostic system, left and right satellite impact sensors, and associated wiring. This system is unduly sensitive to certain non-crash impacts, such as contacting large potholes or curbs at substantial speed.
- Dealers will reprogram the central computer control module that regulates the performance of all of the vehicle's occupant protection systems.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.