- November 2: BMW Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over ARC Inflators news | 33 days ago
- October 29: BMW 3G Lawsuit Involves ConnectedDrive and BMW Assist news | 37 days ago
- October 1: BMW Soft Close Door Injury Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 65 days ago
BMW Recall : Constant-Velocity Joint May Become Damaged
2013 BMW 328
A loss of power to the rear wheels can affect vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, when the vehicle is parked after a loss of power to the rear wheels and the parking brake is not engaged, unintended rollaway can occur, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
Power Train — Driveline — Constant Velocity Joint
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2013-2016 328d xDrive sedans and 2013-2015 328d xDrive station wagon vehicles. The constant-velocity joint which transfers power between the transfer case and the rear drive shaft, may become damaged, possibly resulting in loss of power to the rear wheels.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the constant-velocity joint and inspect the transfer case, replacing it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 22, 2020. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.