- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive 40i, X5 xDrive 40i and X7 xDrive 40i recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X6 sDrive40i, xDrive40i, X6 M50i and X6M recalls | 6 days ago
BMW TSB #011214
2011 BMW 335
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
- M57 Diesel Engine Throttle Valve (for EGR): Limited Warranty Extension to 10 Years/120,000 Miles. INFORMATION BMW of North America, LLC ("BMW NA") is extending the limited warranty for the M57 diesel engine's throttle valve (for EGR) on the above-referenced vehicle to: 10 years/120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, as determined from the original in-service date. This bulletin is a notice of a "limited warranty extension." This is not a notice of a Recall or Service Action. There is no immediate repair required unless the BMW vehicle is currently experiencing this problem. Customer Notification Letter - VIN and Component-specific Warranty Extension Even though this is NOT a Recall, BMW NA sent VIN-specific customer notification letters. A sample letter is attached. Eligible BMW Vehicles To assist you in identifying eligible vehicles, the DCSnet Warranty Vehicle Inquiry has been updated with the following "Vehicle Comment," shown below: BMW of North America, LLC has extended this vehicle's M57 diesel engine throttle valve (for EGR) limited warranty to 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, as determined from the original in-service date. Please see SI B01 12 14. Note: Always check the DCSnet Warranty Vehicle Inquiry "Vehicle Comments" and the "Repair History (Claims)" sections first before performing any repairs.
Click a tab for more information.