- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive 40i, X5 xDrive 40i and X7 xDrive 40i recalls | 6 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X6 sDrive40i, xDrive40i, X6 M50i and X6M recalls | 6 days ago
BMW TSB #611714
2011 BMW 335
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- "Intelligent Battery Sensor Diagnosis Hints. The vehicle enters the workshop with one or more of the following complaints: * Check Control Message related to battery discharge * No-start condition * Consumer power reduction (reduced blower speed, heated seats operation, etc.) * The following fault codes may be stored in the DME a. 2E8B - Intelligent battery sensor, signal b. 2E8C - Intelligent battery sensor, function c. 2E8D - Intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission d. 2E8E - Intelligent battery sensor, communication CAUSE A faulty battery or IBS sensor (not both) The power management system and IBS in the vehicle cannot determine if the battery needs to be replaced. This is normal operation for all E-Series vehicles because they do not have the Advanced IBS sensor that the F-Series vehicles do. An external battery tester (Midtronics EXP-1000) must be used to determine if the battery needs to be replaced. Energy Diagnosis will not prompt for a battery replacement unless the battery is ""aged."" When energy diagnosis identifies the battery as ""aged,"" it means the amount of energy discharge over the course of the life of the battery has reached its maximum (worn out). In most cases, energy diagnosis states that the battery is OK. This is typically an indication of the current State of Charge (SoC), not the State of Health (SoH). The SoC is defined as the current amount of energy left in the battery (displayed as a percentage). The SoH is defined as an evaluation of the condition of the battery over a period of time (displayed as a percentage). For more information about batteries, refer to Training Manual ST051, ""07 Battery Basics."""
Click a tab for more information.