- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive 40i, X5 xDrive 40i and X7 xDrive 40i recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X6 sDrive40i, xDrive40i, X6 M50i and X6M recalls | 1 days ago
BMW TSB #B840316
2011 BMW 335
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- SERVICE ACTION: GSM COMBOX DEACTIVATION / DISCONTINUATION WITH 4 YEAR ASSIST SERVICE. What's New: ? Model: Option code removed to prevent confusion about affected vehicles ? Situation: Information added about Bluetooth functionality that is not affect by this Service Action ? Correction: Information added about lease returns, loaner, CPO and used vehicles that are not eligible for the 3 customer options ? Information: Removed scenario regarding new/unsold Z4s & X1s ? Procedure: Added info about COMBOX retrofit that it does not affect Bluetooth functionality ? Warranty: Added info that the correct flat rate labor operation that corresponds to the option the customer selected is claimed and removed information about Z4s & X1s . The underlying 2G technology for the GSM (Global System Mobile communication) COMBOX will no longer be supported by the cellular network providers after December 31, 2016. This COMBOX and the BMW Assist services that use its functionality will therefore no longer function after that date. The BMW Assist functionalities that are affected includes the following: SOS/E-Call including Automatic crash notification Concierge Service Remote Service Teleservices The vehicle's exisiting Bluetooth(r) wireless functionality is NOT affected.
Click a tab for more information.