- November 21: BMW Recalls M2 and M4 Coupes Over Fuel Systems recalls | 7 days ago
- November 20: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Rearview Camera Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- November 18: BMW Recalls X1, X2 and MINI Cooper Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- November 18: BMW Recalls X5, X6 and X7 Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- November 17: BMW Recalls 5-Series Cars For Head Airbag Dangers recalls | 11 days ago
BMW Preliminary Evaluation PE13030: Loss of power assist braking
2013 BMW 335
Loss of power assist braking
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Power Assist:Vacuum
- In a letter dated September 26, 2013, BMW Group submitted a safety recall notice to NHTSA identifying a defect condition in the vacuum pump oil supply that may result in loss of power assist braking in 76,191 model year (MY) 2012 through 2014 BMW 3-Series, 5-Series, X1 SAV, X3 SAV, and Z4 vehicles equipped with 4-cylinder engines (NHTSA Recall 13V-454).According to BMW, movement of the seal disk within the camshaft may result in blocking of the oil supply to the vacuum pump, resulting in improper pump operation and loss of power assist braking.On July 11, 2013, BMW initiated a change to the camshaft geometry that prevented the seal disk from blocking the oil port.BMW has not received any braking complaints related to loss of power assist after the design change was implemented in production.The owners of all affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and asked to take their vehicle to a BMW dealer who will install a locking ring into the camshaft to keep the seal disk in its proper location.BMW expects to begin dealer and owner notification in November 2013 and complete dealer and owner notification in December when the remedy is expected to be available.Based on the actions taken by BMW, this investigation is closed.
Click a tab for more information.