- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 3 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 10 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 22 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 26 days ago
BMW Recall : Air Bag Incorrect Deployment Timing/FMVSS 208
2015 BMW 428
If the driver's front air bag deployment timing is incorrect, there is an increased risk of personal injury in the event of a vehicle crash.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2015 428i Convertible, 428i xDrive Convertible, 435i Convertible, and 435i xDrive Convertible vehicles manufactured October 22, 2014, to February 27, 2015. Due to a programming error, the driver's front air bag deployment timing may be incorrect. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the air bag control module with corrected software version, free of charge. The recall began May 11, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (11)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Delivery Stop: Reprogram Advanced Crash Safety Module
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.