- October 8: BMW Files Motion to Dismiss Cornering Lights Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 31 days ago
- August 10: BMW Engine Lawsuit Settlement Receives Preliminary Approval news | 67 days ago
- August 5: BMW Recalls Vehicles That May Lose Brake Assist recalls | 72 days ago
- August 5: BMW Squeaky Brakes Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
BMW TSB #B122114
2014 BMW 528
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:SOFTWARE
- Engine Malfunction Warning Illuminated with FC 193208: Fuel Level Plausibility Stored in DME. The customer states that the engine malfunction warning lamp is illuminated, and while filling the fuel tank, the fuel gauge did not show the proper fill level. After the vehicle is driven a short distance, the fuel gauge will update to full. When diagnosed, the following fault is stored in the DME: ? FC 193208 Fuel level, plausibility: deviation between consumption and level change Please proceed to the Procedure section. Vehicles with option 610 (Head-Up Display) are not affected. Please follow the ISTA/D test plan for the applicable faults stored in the DME, including the one listed in this bulletin. CAUSE A software error in the instrument cluster causes the fuel gauge to incorrectly update while refilling. The error occurs when the vehicle is powered up after refilling.
Click a tab for more information.