2014 BMW 535 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 535:

2014 BMW 535 Owner Comments

May 152018

535

My 2014 certified pre-own BMW 535D caught on fire while I was driving home from work last week, fortunately a driver next to me alerted me that my car was on fire. I pulled over within 30 seconds, got out and within another 30 seconds my entire car was engulfed in flames.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Nov 032017

535

Driver side door will not unlock using the inside door handle, effectively trapping the driver inside. Intermittent problem occurs while stationary after engine is stopped and vehicle in park. Took to dealer and it happened in front of service adviser, they informed me nothing is wrong.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Feb 012017

535

The driver's side door will not open with the door handle. The door lock was jammed into the locked position and would not unlock without actuating the electric door unlock system. The door could not be unlocked manually. This has happened several times intermittently. This was reported to the dealer and they informed me this instance has occurred several times to other BMW vehicles.

- Placentia, CA, USA