- October 26: Cars With Good Headlight Ratings Mean Less Car Crashes news | 0 days ago
- October 8: BMW Files Motion to Dismiss Cornering Lights Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 41 days ago
- August 10: BMW Engine Lawsuit Settlement Receives Preliminary Approval news | 77 days ago
- August 5: BMW Recalls Vehicles That May Lose Brake Assist recalls | 82 days ago
BMW TSB #B840316
2014 BMW 535
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- SERVICE ACTION: GSM COMBOX DEACTIVATION / DISCONTINUATION WITH 4 YEAR ASSIST SERVICE. What's New: ? Model: Option code removed to prevent confusion about affected vehicles ? Situation: Information added about Bluetooth functionality that is not affect by this Service Action ? Correction: Information added about lease returns, loaner, CPO and used vehicles that are not eligible for the 3 customer options ? Information: Removed scenario regarding new/unsold Z4s & X1s ? Procedure: Added info about COMBOX retrofit that it does not affect Bluetooth functionality ? Warranty: Added info that the correct flat rate labor operation that corresponds to the option the customer selected is claimed and removed information about Z4s & X1s . The underlying 2G technology for the GSM (Global System Mobile communication) COMBOX will no longer be supported by the cellular network providers after December 31, 2016. This COMBOX and the BMW Assist services that use its functionality will therefore no longer function after that date. The BMW Assist functionalities that are affected includes the following: SOS/E-Call including Automatic crash notification Concierge Service Remote Service Teleservices The vehicle's exisiting Bluetooth(r) wireless functionality is NOT affected.
Click a tab for more information.