- April 15: MINI Cooper Class Action Lawsuit Certified in Canada news | 52 days ago
- April 8: BMW CV Joint Recall Affects 328d xDrives recalls | 59 days ago
- March 29: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles Over Instrument Panels recalls | 69 days ago
- March 28: Front Seat Belt Buckle Sensors Cause BMW Recall recalls | 70 days ago
BMW TSB #B111715
2014 BMW 740
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- "N63, N63TU and N63R Engines: Upper Oil Pan Removal and Installation Repair Instructions This Service Information bulletin supersedes SI B11 17 15 dated August 2015.. INFORMATION When removing and/or installing the engine upper oil pan assembly, the oil pan can sustain damage if this operation is not performed correctly. Before loosening or tightening the engine upper oil pan refer to the newly released Repair Instruction 11 13 010 ""Removing and installing/replacing upper oil sump"" in ISTA/D 3.55.11 or higher for the proper procedures. IMPORTANT: The new repair instructions will state one of the following before reinstalling the upper engine oil pan. ""All threads must be cleaned with screw tap"" Or ""Clean all threads with screw tap. Order number 81 43 0 402 559"" Or ""Clean all threads with a thread cutter"". The current repair instruction terminology will be modified to include this information."
Click a tab for more information.