ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

1.8

2006 BMW 750 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Oct 302008

750

Over the last 4-5 years, have had multiple transmission related issues. There have been 6/7 transmission oil leaks that had to be fixed and refixed. 2 guibo joints have been replaced over this time. Over the last year and half, the transmission failure light has come on 30+ times when stopped on the road. Upon accelerating the car jerks into gear and moves forward. Twice over the last month, the car was stopped, engine running, and in park. The transmission changed from park to neutral by itself just about causing me to unknowingly roll into our homes fence.

- Hattiesbug, MS, USA

May 032013

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated when he attempted to shift the vehicle into park gear, it failed and shifted into neutral on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but the vehicle was not repaired. The problem persist and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

May 232013

750 8-cyl

Vehicle drive moderate warning is display but reading some of the complaints on this sight I have encounter some similar problems with the shifting of the transmission but I took my car to BMW of columbus ga. And they found nothing wrong. The transmission slams very hard and sounds like a loud a crash.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

May 032013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the transmission fault drive warning light illuminated as the vehicle lunged independently. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the transmission would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer had not been made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 127,000.

- Marino Valley, CA, USA

Apr 032013

750 8-cyl

We were backing out of a parking space and the vehicle just went in gear on its own. I also couldn't get the car to go in gear. Car still does not run right. Transmission isn't right, when vehicle is started it just kicks back in neutral and will not go in drive or reverse. Dealer can't seem to fix nor can they tell me anything that they can do to fix other that buying new transmission. I have only had the car for 6 months and all service work was done at BMW of sarasota. I have only put 4,050 miles on vehicle since November and I have not had the vehicle since April because they can't seem to fix car.

- Albany, GA, USA

Apr 082013

750

Stopped at a light and as I was slowing down the car jerked as if it was being hit from the rear.. following the light change, I got a hesitant pull off and knocking or the car seemed to skip or as if gear was slipping. 2nd time car was put in D and jumped out of gear and heard a loud thud as if car was being rear ended. 3rd time I was approaching a stop signal while driving approximately 30 mph and the transmission began to downshift with a loud banging noise. The dealer cannot replicate this issue at is random, but other BMW owners have noted the same issue. It is possible to get a neck injury from this "violent.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 122013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the vehicle was started and the transmission warning indicator illuminated continuously on the instrument panel. In addition, the transmission exhibited a slight hesitation whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis and they informed the contact that the transmission would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Mar 262013

750 8-cyl

Car shift from drive to nuetral. Had to turn engine off restart to get it to move. Car went into safety mode. Transmission fault.

- Lynwood, IL, USA

Jan 262006

750 8-cyl

When I first bought the car I had problems with the air conditioner, since then my car has been in the shop almost monthly for problems with the engine and the transmission and steering. BMW writes on the yellow sheet that they have you sign with what you tell them but when you go back the invoice that you are given is different that what you signed for. I recently learned that when I noticed that the invoice does not have the information that was written when I was in front of the service advisor. Which means that when you are asking for copies of you repair order the information is different than your original complaint.

- Carson, CA, USA

Feb 192013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the vehicle erroneously shifted into neutral. The contact also stated that the engine revved and went into a coasting mode then the warning transmission fault drive moderate light illuminated. The vehicle engine was shut down and restarted and the transmission reset itself. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who ran a diagnostic test but could not find any failures. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Jan 102013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact applied the push-to-start ignition and shifted into drive when the transmission automatically shifted into neutral without warning. The contact turned the engine off and upon restarting, the vehicle resumed normally. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but was not repaired. There was a recall related to the defect under NHTSA campaign id number 12V502000 (electrical system, power train), however the contact's VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Feb 132013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while reversing out of his driveway, the gears would shift and would not hold in gear. The vehicle was later taken to the dealer. After diagnosis, they advised him that the internal linkage from the electronic pressure seal failed and needed to be replaced and reset. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 78,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Colleyville, TX, USA

Feb 202013

750 8-cyl

On said date I was sitting idle while talking on my cell phone. The car was in park. It was cold in car so I went to turn the heat up and when I did the vehicle went into neutral and started to roll. I then stopped the car and turned it off. I then restarted the car and went to turn the heat on once again and the vehicle once again went into neutral. I then called BMW and advised them of what happened. The vehicle was already scheduled for a routine service the following week. On 2/22/13 I was parked in a parking lot and was exiting the car to step out for just a moment when the vehicle began to roll. I looked and the vehicle was in neutral. I had to turn vehicle off to get it into park.

- Buford, GA, USA

Sep 052012

750 8-cyl

2 separate issues 1st, the vehicle when in park cannot switch to drive or reverse, it will only switch to neutral. Happen on countless occasions. Brought the vehicle to russell BMW who told me I have to pay to replace the transmission. Recall 93562 is now posted on BMW website detailing the same issue. Spoke to a rep who dismissed my vehicle complaint because the VIN # does not fall under the luxury package therefore not included in the recall. 2nd issue..the vehicle brakes when applied does not stop. Twice it's happen when I tried to slow or stop resulting in scaring me half to death and near accidents. I also address the recall 87903 with the rep who once again told me the VIN is not covered in the recall even though the year and model is included as part of the recall the question I pose is why is the VIN determining the qualification of the need to have BMW responsibly fix the 1st year model of their trial and error vehicles. I paid way too much to be told that because I did not have the comfort package my vehicle is not included in their recall" is it going to take an accident for BMW to be fix the necessary problems"

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 082013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750 li. The contact stated that when shifting into drive, the vehicle would not engage and independently re-engaged into park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they advised that the transmission failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 63,000.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Jan 092013

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 7 series. The contact stated that after shifting into park, the vehicle independently shifted into neutral. Immediately after, the transmission failed safe mode light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the contact was informed that the vehicle needed a software update. The vehicle was not included. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 12V502000 (electrical system, power train). The failure and current mileages were approximately 124,000....updated 04/25/13

- Higgingsville, MO, USA

Jan 182013

750 8-cyl

2006 BMW 750li I encountered a problem that could have resulted in a catastrophic incident. I am currently in Mississippi training soldiers for an upcoming deployment to afghanistan. Please read below and advise of what service and help bmwusa could provide. This is a very serious safety issue and I thank god no one has been seriously injured. 18 Jan 2013 car was put in D and jumped out of gear and heard a loud thud as if car was being rear ended. Car rolled forward about 5 feet in the street. I sat in the car trying to get it in gear. Cars had to maneuver around me as I sat there unable to move the vehicle out of the street. 19 Jan 2013 drove to car wash, I pulled up to vacuum and put car in P, turned off ignition. Removed key and put on seat. As I opened the door to exit car and was stepping out car, the gear engaged and rolled back. I lost my balance and was able to regain composure and jump back in car and press the break. 20 Jan 2013. Started car up this morning and everything seemed fine. So I drove to jackson ms to herrin gear BMW. I parked my car got out and walked around. Once I got back in my car I started it up, put in D, attempted to drive off and car jumped out of D went to N and I heard a loud thud. After several attempts to put car in gear, I turned off and sat there in disgust. About 20 minutes later I was able to start and drive to a near by gas station to fuel my car. Once I paid for gas, again started to put car in D and it would not go in gear. One the car went in gear it was hesitant to move and had a delay before pulling off. Stopped at a light and as I was slowing down the car jerked as if it was being hit from the rear.. following the light change, I got a hesitant pull off and knocking or the car seemed to skip or as if gear was slipping.

- Vicksburg , MS, USA

Jan 102013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds and when the vehicle was idle, the gear shifter would independently move out of gear. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 85,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Oct 102012

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, a strange bang could be felt in the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the transmission had failed and needed to be replaced. The failure recurred several times and was taken to the dealer on each occasion. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 60,000. The VIN was not available.

- Tucson , AZ, USA

Jan 012013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while trying to accelerate, the transmission fault light illuminated and the vehicle did not respond to acceleration attempts. The vehicle was moved to the shoulder where the vehicle was shut down then restarted but the failure recurred. The vehicle was able to be driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure and current mileages were 135,000.

- Memphis, TN, USA