2006 BMW 750 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 032022

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750LI. The contact stated that while driving at an undisclosed speed, several unknown warning lights illuminated. Additionally, there was oil leaking onto the ground and also onto the engine. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the brake vacuum pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact to file a complaint with the NHTSA. The failure mileage was approximately 129,000.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Aug 192020

750

The doors from inside don't open up when the car loses power you are locked inside also the engine smokes even when the gaskets and seals have been replaced.the car suspension in the rear is terrible also air bag light goes on and off even when the dealer ran diagnosis on the car car is parked

- Amityville, NY, USA

Aug 152019

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that oil was leaking all over the engine. In addition, while driving various speeds, all the electrical components on the vehicle shut off without warning and the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The contact associated the failures with NHTSA campaign number: 12V502000 (power train, electrical system) and NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and stated that there were no recalls. No further assistance was offered. The dealer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 165,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 072019

750

My 2006 BMW 750li was parked in my drive on Friday 7/5/2019 around 11:00 P.M. and remained there. On Sunday morning 7/7/2019 around 8:45 a.M. my car alarm sounded and when I look outside my car was on fire. The blaze from the firs not only burned up my BMW but also my damaged my SUV and damaged my other car. The car was parked for over 36 hours before the fire began.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Dec 192018

750

Doors dont always latch and a person was thrown from car, have called dealer ship and they said no recall but my car is doing it and there is a recall for this problem, I need my car added to recall list asap

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 012015

750

Blows out while/bluish smoke, shifts into park when in drive or reverse, won't go forward. Transmission fault light on. I have to constantly put oil in it. There is no reason why I should be having all these problems, I see that millions of people that have or purchased this same car have the same problems. I truly believe BMW needs to be accountable for these problems. It's terrible that one would pay so many ch for a luxury car for it to have all these problems.

- Apple Valley, MN, USA

Nov 232017

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the vehicle had a defective valve seal, which caused engine damage. The contact notified the dealer (otto's BMW, 1275 wilmington pike, West chester, pa 19382 (610) 399-6800) that the vehicle was heating oil every 3,000 miles. Once the vehicle was parked for a certain amount of time, it produced a large amount of black smoke from the exhaust. The dealer stated that this was normal for that year, make, and model vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Bear, DE, USA

May 022017

750

The transmission drive fault light and engine light are coming on and the car does not want to switch gears. On some occasions park becomes neutral, also it hesitates to start. Sometimes the only gear that will work is reverse. The car was just started, in motion on the street and highway when these problems have occurred.

- Apple Valley, MN, USA

May 092017

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the vehicle jerked independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission, cooling system and engine need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 131,031.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Dec 192016

750 8-cyl

While driving about 20 miles per hour approaching a stop, the car shifted into neutral and on the dash indicated the gear is now "N", then steering wheel locked and I could not turn to pull off the road. This was dangerous as I was in the middle of the road. After turning off the car, turning it back on, the problem disappears. If this fault happens on a highway, it can cause a fatal accident if the steering wheel locks and gear shifts to neutral. From reading BMW forums, they say possible causes could be the integrated supply module, transmission fault, electrical issue, or the smg sensor. Please read similar stories online. At the links below. www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1618729-car-went-into-neutral-on-it-S-own-while-driving-then-died!

- Daly City, CA, USA

Jun 142014

750

I took my car to the BMW dealership in 2012 because I noticed oil in my garage. I was told there was no oil leak and nothing was wrong. I reported in 2013 that the 'add oil' indicator was coming on less than 2,000 miles after an oil change and was told there was nothing found that need servicing. In 2014 I took my car back because my oil indicator stated I needed to add oil and I was told I had an oil gasket issue that would cost $11,000 to correct. I took my car to the dealership 3 times while it was under warranty and was never told of any problem until after the warranty expired. The same is true with the transmission; I had my car serviced while under warranty but wasn't told of a transmission malfunction until the warranty was expired. I have to add oil every 3 to 4 weeks and my overdrive is not functional. Now I am experiencing a problem with the drivers door; it won't close at all but I was told that my car is not on the recall list for the door malfunction.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Jul 132015

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the service engine warning light was illuminated and the vehicle jerked, knocked, and shook. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was unsafe to drive and randomly stalled. The independent dealer was notified more than three times and was unable to provide a permanent remedy. The vehicle was at the dealer for over a month. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who inspected that the engine was misfiring. The starter was replaced, but the vehicle continued to shake and stall. The service engine light remained illuminated. The contact had to tow the vehicle numerous times due to the failure. The vehicle was unable to be driven for several months. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 107,000.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Mar 082014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the exhaust system emitted white smoke while at a stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The dealer advised that the head gasket seal failed and caused engine oil to leak into the pistons. There was also engine oil leaking into the valves, which caused premature engine oil consumption that bellowed white smoke from the exhaust system. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 73,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Snellville , GA, USA

Mar 072014

750 8-cyl

The car transmission will not engage. If you try to put the car in reverse or forward gear nothing happens. The gear goes to neutral and does not let parking gear or any other gear angage. If gear stays in drive mod and when you are wondering what to do gear suddenly engages itself and car shoots itself if brake pedal was not pressed. I contacted the dealer who notified that they could not assess the problem for a week because of busy schedule. The car is in non dealer shop currently.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 092014

750 8-cyl

When I was in park put car in reverse and car would not go in reverse went back into neutral on its own, so I put car back in park and retried and put it reverse several times and when the transmission kicked into reverse there was a large clank sound and a jerk that felt like I had been hit from behind, when stopped at red light to take off same thing the car jerked again. Then transmission fault light came on stated drive moderately, and another warning came on stating certain gears were not working correctly. Parked in garage and after several attempts the car did the same thing, vehicle was taken to local dealership for inspection and diagnostic testing to detect problems.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 202013

750 8-cyl

When driving down the interstate the car lost power go from during 60mph to 20 mph and I was on the gas, the vehicle stall out and would take 3-10 seconds to re-gain any power before the vehicle would begin to accelerate. Also once coming up to a stoplight or stop sign, the vehicle would feel as if someone had slammed into the back of me possibly jerking into gear. Spent countless times at the dealership with them giving me the run around, replacing random parts before replacing the entire transmission and still the vehicle continues to have issues. Now the car is misfiring and will not start at all. Been in the shop for 2 months and still not working.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Jun 062013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750lil. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the driver and passenger's side air bags deployed without any impact to the vehicle as the engine stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Dec 092011

750

Vehicle smokes at idle and at take off.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jan 262006

750 8-cyl

When I first bought the car I had problems with the air conditioner, since then my car has been in the shop almost monthly for problems with the engine and the transmission and steering. BMW writes on the yellow sheet that they have you sign with what you tell them but when you go back the invoice that you are given is different that what you signed for. I recently learned that when I noticed that the invoice does not have the information that was written when I was in front of the service advisor. Which means that when you are asking for copies of you repair order the information is different than your original complaint.

- Carson, CA, USA

Sep 052012

750 8-cyl

2 separate issues 1st, the vehicle when in park cannot switch to drive or reverse, it will only switch to neutral. Happen on countless occasions. Brought the vehicle to russell BMW who told me I have to pay to replace the transmission. Recall 93562 is now posted on BMW website detailing the same issue. Spoke to a rep who dismissed my vehicle complaint because the VIN # does not fall under the luxury package therefore not included in the recall. 2nd issue..the vehicle brakes when applied does not stop. Twice it's happen when I tried to slow or stop resulting in scaring me half to death and near accidents. I also address the recall 87903 with the rep who once again told me the VIN is not covered in the recall even though the year and model is included as part of the recall the question I pose is why is the VIN determining the qualification of the need to have BMW responsibly fix the 1st year model of their trial and error vehicles. I paid way too much to be told that because I did not have the comfort package my vehicle is not included in their recall" is it going to take an accident for BMW to be fix the necessary problems"

- Baltimore, MD, USA