ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 BMW 750 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 062014

750

There was a recall on the passenger side air bag. Took it to the dealer to get it fixed. After fixing the passenger side air bag, the drive side air bag faulty light came on. My service adviser asked me to leave the car with them which I did and after few days they called me to pick up the car without fixing it unless I pay for probable cause for the faulty light. Estimated cost $4,000.

- Highland, CA, USA

Dec 012014

750

Alert stating passenger side airbag was non-functional & remains that way. Should be part of air bag recall. Other same year, make & model bmws have been recalled for this problem

- Canton, GA, USA

Jan 052015

750 8-cyl

BMW have a recall on 2006 BMW 750li passenger seat mat, this defect will keep the air bag from deploying during an accident. But in most BMW, from friends of mine the driver seat mat is the one that defective on a regular bases but BMW is avoiding the repair, this defect can a will cause someone their life. The recall# 13V564000 for the passenger seat mat, but the driver seat mat is the problem. My drive seat mat is broken my car only have 72000 miles on the car, BMW is avoiding the repair. Correct now or some one will die soon, because of this defect.....updated 04/23/15

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Mar 022011

750 8-cyl

The door don't latch correctly, I had the door latches replace in 2011 and they have broken again. BMW have a recall on the door latches from 2005 to 2007. My car is a 2006, they say the defective part is not in my car but they key breaking. The recall # 12V504000 for the door latch. BMW dealership refuse to replace or refuse to recall all the vehicle, the door will open during driving and the driver or passenger will have to hold the door till the vehicle is stopped. Please help this is a public safety warning to BMW.....updated 04/23/15 the consumer also recall# 13V564000.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Mar 102014

750 8-cyl

Airbag warning (restraint system failure) always shows up when car is started and in operation.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 062014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated that the recall was remedied; however, the driver seat occupant detection mat began to exhibit the same exact failures as mentioned in the recall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was notified that the driver's side was not recalled and would not be repaired free of charge. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures, but no solution was provided. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Cocoa, FL, USA

Oct 152013

750 8-cyl

Front passenger seat occupancy sensor mat is faulty and is affecting SRS system.

- Roseamead, CA, USA

Nov 102014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the front passengers side air bag light flashed and indicated that the air bag was off. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jul 012014

750 8-cyl

Warning message appears for driver restraint system failure for driver seat tensioner. Identical to passenger seat restraint warning that was recalled only difference is that it is for the drivers side.

- Chino, CA, USA

Sep 102014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Aug 202014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact that the driver's side air bag warning light illuminated. The independent mechanic diagnosed that the seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The contact stated that he had the seat sensor replaced on the passenger's side under NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Bellview, WA, USA

Mar 032014

750 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the driver side air bag sensor illuminated. The dealer stated that the air bag sensor in the seat needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag seat sensor had already been replaced recently. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000. Updated 11/06/14

- Murietta, CA, USA

Jan 092014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact crashed the vehicle and stated that the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified. The speed was unknown. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 012014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750 li. The contact stated that immediatelly after starting the vehicle, the air bag warning lamp illuminated on the instrument panel. Also, the passenger front air bag light indicator illuminated when there was something placed in the seat. The failure occurred several times. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 110,000 and the current mileage was 121,000.

- Cresson, TX, USA

May 022014

750 8-cyl

I started getting an error on my I-drive about a month ago stating that there was a problem with my air bag/restraint system and found the recall notice on the NHTSA website. I called my local dealer and made an appointment to get it repaired under warranty. I was told that BMW currently does not have a recall for this issue, and was forced to pay using my extended warranty. I ended up having to pay $260 out of pocket after deductible and extra charges because my extended warranty company did not want to pay the high hourly labor rate of the dealer. So I had to pay the difference. I told the dealer about the recall on the NHTSA site & they said that unless BMW has it in the system showing that it affects my specific vehicle, it is not valid...

- Anderson, IN, USA

Jan 022014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 072014

750

The contact owns 2006 BMW 750li. The contact received the notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags). The contact stated that the repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The dealer indicated parts were not available. Contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer has not been contacted.

- Salam, NC, USA

Sep 052012

750 8-cyl

On date in question my girlfriend sat down on the passenger seat and a red light appeared on my dash board. I took my veh to the dealer and was told it wasn't a warrantee issue and it would cost me approx $1500 also I was told my airbags would not work. I decided not to fix the problem. Several months later I received a recall notice for this same issue. I immediately call the dealer and informed them that I received a recall for this issue and I was told that I have to wait for another letter. I'm concerned about my safety, why is it taking so long for this letter from BMW of North America.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 142012

750

NHTSA campaign #13V564000; called BMW to find why I have not received the recall letter as my passenger side front seat airbag light is illuminated. I was told that my VIN is not included in the recall. It looks like they picking and choosing cars instead of recalling all cars that have this manufacturing defect. Needs corrective action.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 022014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, another vehicle crashed into the driver's side. The vehicle flipped over three times but none of the air bags deployed. The vehicle was destroyed and the driver sustained injuries to the neck, back and both knees. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 2/27/14 the consumer stated the vehicle that struck into the driver's side was traveling at least 40 mph. The consumer's vehicle was inspected and found to be a total loss...updated 04-23-14 04/25/2014

- Stockton, CA, USA