- April 15: MINI Cooper Class Action Lawsuit Certified in Canada news | 44 days ago
- April 8: BMW CV Joint Recall Affects 328d xDrives recalls | 51 days ago
- March 29: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles Over Instrument Panels recalls | 61 days ago
- March 28: Front Seat Belt Buckle Sensors Cause BMW Recall recalls | 62 days ago
- March 5: BMW Recalls M6 Gran Coupes For Third Brake Light Problems recalls | 85 days ago
BMW TSB #660414
2014 BMW 750
Affected Component: FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE
- Front Collision Warning Check Control Message Displayed in CID. Occasionally while driving, a check control message (CCM) for Front Collision Warning is displayed in the Central Information Display (CID). This message is cleared from the CID by clicking on "OK" using the iDrive controller. CAUSE The KAFAS (camera-based driver support system) camera is affected by environmental conditions such as: * Direct sunlight (sunrise or sunset) * Rain * Fog * Dirt * Snow * Ice * High interior temperatures (may also cause a CCM to be displayed upon starting the vehicle) ?? Fault code 0x800AC0 - KAFAS camera switch off due to over temperature The pictures below show the direct sunlight causing the CCM: INFORMATION This is the current text in the Owner's Manual for the Front Collision Warning (FCW): The system may not be fully functional in the following situations: * In heavy fog, rain, sprayed with water or snowfall * In tight curves * If the driving stability control systems are limited or deactivated: for example, the DSC is off. * If the camera view field of the front windshield is dirty or covered. * Up to 10 seconds after the start of the engine, via the Start/Stop knob. Direct sunlight will be added as one of the causes for the FCW CCM.
Click a tab for more information.