- April 15: MINI Cooper Class Action Lawsuit Certified in Canada news | 50 days ago
- April 8: BMW CV Joint Recall Affects 328d xDrives recalls | 57 days ago
- March 29: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles Over Instrument Panels recalls | 67 days ago
- March 28: Front Seat Belt Buckle Sensors Cause BMW Recall recalls | 68 days ago
BMW TSB #840412
2014 BMW 750
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5S, 5C, 4S, 4, and 3GS with iOS 8.x Information. INFORMATION There is one major difference in functionality since iOS 8.0 was released. Scenario: z The customer leaves the vehicle and turns his or her phone off. z He or she turns the phone back on. z He or she enters the vehicle, but does not unlock the phone and start driving. Result: z The phone reconnects to the Bluetooth system (normal). z However, it does not transfer the contact list (not normal). z The contact list in the iDrive will be empty. z The call list in the Kombi will display only phone numbers, but no names. z The hands-free system works for accepting calls and conversing on calls started on the phone. Solution: z Prior to the customer entering the vehicle they must unlock the phone (passkey) With the release of Apple's new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iOS 8.x software, there have been many questions regarding the new phone and software. The information in the attachment to this Service Information will help answer these questions. A printed copy can be given to the customer if needed. The attachment provides information on the differences between the new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and the previous versions, along with Apple software improvements in the following areas: 1. Visual comparison 2. Connectivity 3. Functionality Refer to the PDF file in the "Attachment" section of this bulletin for complete details. Information on the iPhone 6 is also available via the following: z www.bmwusa.com/bluetooth website NOTE: This SI will be updated as new information is received.
Click a tab for more information.