- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 4 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 26 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Air Bag Control Module
2001 BMW M5
Unexpected deployment of the air bag(s) could cause serious injury if an occupant is too close to the deploying air bag(s). In addition, the battery safety terminal may also be activated. If that happens, the starter cable would become disconnected from the battery, and the engine could not be restarted.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain passenger vehicles, a microprocessor in the air bag control module, which activates the front air bags, the side air bags, the front seat safety belt pretensioners, and the battery safety terminal, may have a malfunction that could lead to an unintended activation of one or more of these components.
- Dealers will replace the air bag control module. Owner notification began november10, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.