- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 0 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 15 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 27 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 34 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Air Bag Control Module
2001 BMW M5
Unexpected deployment of the air bag(s) could cause serious injury if an occupant is too close to the deploying air bag(s). In addition, the battery safety terminal may also be activated. If that happens, the starter cable would become disconnected from the battery, and the engine could not be restarted.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain passenger vehicles, a microprocessor in the air bag control module, which activates the front air bags, the side air bags, the front seat safety belt pretensioners, and the battery safety terminal, may have a malfunction that could lead to an unintended activation of one or more of these components.
- Dealers will replace the air bag control module. Owner notification began november10, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.