- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 2 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 19 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 45 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 52 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 52 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Air Bag Control Module
2001 BMW M5
Unexpected deployment of the air bag(s) could cause serious injury if an occupant is too close to the deploying air bag(s). In addition, the battery safety terminal may also be activated. If that happens, the starter cable would become disconnected from the battery, and the engine could not be restarted.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain passenger vehicles, a microprocessor in the air bag control module, which activates the front air bags, the side air bags, the front seat safety belt pretensioners, and the battery safety terminal, may have a malfunction that could lead to an unintended activation of one or more of these components.
- Dealers will replace the air bag control module. Owner notification began november10, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.